So heres the long awaited post! I'm truly sorry about going on so many hiatuses but hey, taking the SATs
is a valid excuse right? So anyway, back on topic. Here, I decided to select a few of the 'perfect' black items
which can be found from the current SS season! So you may ask, why black? First of all, black is just everywhere
in my wardrobe and also secondly, its such a versatile 'colour'! So why the apostrophes? Because as Ricardo
Tisci once said, "Black is always elegant. It is the most complete colour in the whole word, made of all the
colours in the palette". Well, I see it more as the opposite of light. But still valid! Here's
the list below!
1. The Black Backpack - This version by Common Projects is killing it! The boxy yet relaxed shape with a
spacious front pocket!
2. The Black Duffle - What else. Its the perfect Saint Laurent you can find from their mens section!
3. The Black Wallet - Rather than a plain grained/smooth black leather, spice it up with a grid embossed
print by Pierre Hardy!
4. The Black Chelsea Boot - Chelsea boots are my recent obsession and the current season, these Margielas
are my fave! But I've got my eye on the FW14 Givenchy ones too!
5. The Black Jean - Saint Laurent black jeans. What every guy who wants to add a bit of 'biker' and 'rock' to
6. The Black Blazer - The perfect one from Jil Sander with cool orange grid details. And its reversible
too! What a great 'value for money' investment!
7. The Black Bomber - The perfect spring lightweight bomber by Sandro!
8. The Black Watch - A limited edition watch by Larsson and Jennings! Hopefully I'll get my hands on their
silver chain one soon!
9. The Black Espadrilles - DO NOT LOOK FOR THESE until I say so and buy it. I don't want you guys to steal
all the available stock. My mouth is shut about my absolute top list item now.
10. The Black Sandal - Super cool and modern take on a greek sandal! So whats your thought on this sandal
trend? - Pierre Hardy
11. The Black Biker - Saint Laurent's permanent collection. So don't bother waiting for sale, it wont be just
because its literally worth that $3000 USD. This is actually the epitome of biker jackets and what every
design out there should aspire to be!
I skipped 12 because i'm not that fond about that number. haha jokes. casual mistakes :)
13. The Black Shades - I think my favourite shades now are all from Thom Browne. They do it best with
the right amount of gold detailing and red white blue motif!
14. The Black Shirt - A fun, more colourful take of the classic short sleeved black dress shirt by Raf Simons!
I love the addition of the warm tone prints on the collar!
15. The Black Coat - Okay this looks navy but i've seen it in black in stores! The classic Saint Laurent
duffle coat. Once again, this is on its permanent collection and NEVER goes on sale :'(.
16. The Black Trousers - I am in loved with tailored cropped trousers and this pair by Lanvin is just the right
choice for me! And possibly you too!
17. The Black Sneakers - The classic pair of soft leather sneaks by Common Projects is great. And I approve
it is super super super comfy!
18. The Black Shorts - Tailored ribbed jersey shorts by Neil Barrett helps add a luxe sport element to your look
but at the same time, makes it look sophisticated and 'expensive'!
19. The Black Sweatshirt - Tim Coppens has become one of my recent fave menswear designers and
cool sleeve colour block panel sweatshirt is just the right thing to be subtle and daring at the same time!
The perforated leather panels just do it for me! :)
So thats it! I hope you guys enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed making this collage. Note, all
these items I've selected have not been sponsored at all and reflect what I personally would want to buy
this season in Black!
Let me know if you want to see my take on a womenswear selection later. Comment down below or on my